Friday, April 27, 2007

"the sticks"

Yesterday, I used my day off to go play a round of golf. I drove about 2 minutes down the road that I live on to Hangman Valley Golf Course. I had played there twice before, once shooting my best competitive round which qualified me for the state tournament my senior year of high school. So, I dusted of "the sticks" (what golfers call their golf clubs) and went out to play a leisurely round with two older men that I joined up with on the first tee (their names were Bob and Rick.) It was a great day, I hit some good shots, I hit some bad shots and I putted very well. At the end of the day I shot an 82, (which I was very surprised/satisfied with) and finished the experience with an amber ale on the 19th hole (clubhouse). Quite the day off. Bliss.

4 comments:

Sean said...

I've been known to tear up the par 3 course down the hill on the north side of whitworth. Best 1 college credit money can buy.

rise up said...

It does sound like a good day off. I especially liked the finishing the day off w/ an amber ale bit. I will be done on Tuesday afternoon with finals, and then I'll give you a call that evening to find some time to get together.

Unknown said...

all I read was golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf golf BEER! That sounds like a good day.

my address is
2 Canal Pointe Blvd., 6B
Princeton, NJ 08540

congrats on the engagement bro!

DAVE DACK said...

Yeah bro...

Melody's address is 1814 E. Fir Ave, Apt. 101 Fresno, CA 93720. We'll be in a different place after June 9th, though, and I'm not sure exactly where yet. Should I let you know (when are you planning on sending the invites?)? Shoot me an email - davedack@gmail.com