Monday, November 06, 2006

when friends get married...

you spend hours on end with them leading up to the big day.
you golf on a par three course, bare foot.
you eat a whole bunch of food.
you play psychiatrist to keep them from freaking out too much.
you play endless hours of pool.
you watch the game d'jour at his sports bar of choice.
you just show up.

This list could have gone on and on and on. This past weekend (beginning Wednesday night the 1st) I was in Vancouver Washington to stand beside one of my very best friends in his last moments as an un-married man. It was a privilege to do so. The days were very long, and an absolute kick in the pants. The conversations and time spent together with other friends were priceless. And now, he is married and in the Dominican Republic. That's pretty darn cool.
This weekend put a lot of things in to perspective for me as my wedding day grows nearer with every passing day. It was very surreal to watch somebody, so closely, go through the final steps of preparation, etc... It was hard to not put myself in his shoes and just wonder what my day will be like. Needless to say, questions abound. But before all that, I must graduate. A day that is surprisingly just 1 month and 3 days away, but who is counting? Me! I am also SERIOUSLY considering a move at semester, but there are may unanswered questions there as well, before any decisions can be made. But for now, I write papers. So there.

5 comments:

Geoff said...

my comma usage sucks.

Amanda S. said...

Amigo, email me at the email address on my blog, so I can e-mail you and hear all about your life. miss you friend. Can't wait to hear from you.

Crotty said...

We can totally revist the conversation.

What's the best way to get in touch?

Geoff said...

gdub_cc@hotmail.com

AmandaFreak said...

Im glad you're so happy! You better let everyone up here at Calvin Crest (well, mainly me! :)) When you and Tori get an offical date.