Saturday, March 17, 2007

The madness is maddening!

This is far and away my favorite season in sports that the year has to offer. These are the lovely moments in time that are affectionately referred to as March Madness. 64 teams are participating in the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Not only is this super event going on, but with the promise of spring comes baseball's spring training.
However, this March is much different for me. My team, Washington State, is actually participating in the tournament for the first time in 13 years. This is the same team that I worked with for two years as a student there. I poured so many hours in to that program, and they were so bad...now they are awesome! The down side of it all (which is also a big upside) I have a job. I missed our first round game which we won, but I am also working today during the entirety of the second round game, its maddening! This tournament is never a guarantee, so I don't know how many more opportunities I'm going to have to see them participate. I am so torn! Oh well, I needed the job and the Lord provided. Maybe I'm getting sick...cough, cough. Go Cougs!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I made a bracket for the first time in my life for this March Madness... and boy is it maddening! I'm starting to understand why you like basketball so much....

ps: I do have UCLA for the win. Yeah right, but I have to show solidarity...

Geoff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geoff said...

glad to hear that there is another newby in the madness.