Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I enjoy the people I work with

Last night was a very long night. I was talking with Ben Fife on my way to the Studio at 5:00 last night. Upon my arrival at Studio A I found out that the newscast I was to direct was going to be the first LIVE newscast of the semester. Not that any of our jobs change when we go live, but the stress level definitely rises a bit when the fact that you are going live looms over ones head. When you are the director every aspect of the show (that the producer has given you) is your to execute. Not to mention that you have to sync all clocks with master control so that when we patch our selves in to the live feed we hit the airwaves at the same exact second. All that technical jargon aside we were able to sync up and the newscast went out virtually flawless. After we tore down the set and I stopped shaking, I found out that I had scored very well in my directing and I had become the talk of the Comm. School town.
Enter my second show at 7:30, Inside the Lines (a sporstcenter style show) http://libarts.wsu.edu/Cable8/ We eventually began taping the show and it had a few more bumps along the way, but by this time the people I was working with were real tired. So I called every one together and gave it my best rally the troop, win one for the gipper speech, and we continued on. The show was taped and I delivered it to our Vice President of Television Operations and then I was off to edit a project for one of my classes that is due Thursday.
The night wound up being about 7 hours long and as tired as I was at the end of the day, I had to admit that I had a good time doing it. I like the people that I work with and I like the the challenge of producing a show and being involved in the creative process. That's enough for now. Bye.

2 comments:

AmandaFreak said...

So cool! Is there anywhere online I can watch the show?

Geoff said...

We are trying to put our content online, but that is a new thing to the people working in the marketing department. We just got done making a new site, we are trying to update it. So, we'll see. Thanks for the interest though.